Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Voice Says, "Cry Out"

365-56


Isaiah 40 (New International Version)

3 A voice of one calling:
"In the desert prepare
the way for the LORD [a] ;
make straight in the wilderness
a highway for our God. [b]

4 Every valley shall be raised up,
every mountain and hill made low;
the rough ground shall become level,
the rugged places a plain.

5 And the glory of the LORD will be revealed,
and all mankind together will see it.
For the mouth of the LORD has spoken."

6 A voice says, "Cry out."
And I said, "What shall I cry?"
"All men are like grass,
and all their glory is like the flowers of the field.

7 The grass withers and the flowers fall,
because the breath of the LORD blows on them.
Surely the people are grass.

8 The grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the word of our God stands forever."

***Thank you to pareeerica for sharing her beautiful textures. I used Opal Blue Texture www.flickr.com/photos/8078381@N03/3176427586/in/set-72157... on this photo.

One more day until my daughter's surgery...Friday, the 23rd. I can't believe it!!!

We are to call between 3 and 4 pm today to find out what time tomorrow we have to be at the hospital. Children are usually first on the surgery line. Therefore we are probably looking at having to be there at around 5 AM-ish.

Woogie is becoming more anxious as time draws nearer. She asked me how to get God to help her with that fear. All I could offer her was, "to ask the Lord to take it every time she feels anxious". Also, reading God's word brings comfort too.

My husband's Mother and Aunt will be here for the surgery. They are coming into town around lunchtime today. There presence will be a comfort and help.

Our Aunt is taking us all to dinner tonight, wherever the Woog wants to go...which she has chosen The Olive Garden. She will take Bubb to stay at the hotel with her some to keep his mind off of his sister's surgery. :) Also, so I can stay with Jordan in the hospital during the night. I doubt I will leave her side much at all. They will be here through Sunday.

Then the next weekend my sister in law and her daughter will come spend the weekend with us. Woogie is so close to them and she will be so happy to spend time with them during her recovery.

Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers. We know God is answering them, and healing her in His way.

No comments: