Monday, January 26, 2009

Life Blood: Let the Transfusions Begin!

Through much prayer we decided to move forward with the transfusions.

J will get 2 units of blood...administered one at a time. This should take approximately 1-2 hrs each unit. Since we received the blood after lunch, we are not sure if we can get them in her, in time to work with physical therapy. Therefore, she may be in bed all day today. :( We were hoping we could get her moving again today. But like I said, this seems to be Woogs hard day.

Double checking blood type match:
100_9940


Hanging the blood for transfusion:
100_9943


Blood, do your thing!
100_9942


Dear Lord you brought life to us by the blood of the lamb, Your Son Jesus Christ, who died for all mankind. Bring life into our daughter through this blood. We trust that you will use this transfusion to bring speedy healing to our little girl. In Jesus name, Amen.

Ephesians 1:6-8 (New International Version)
6 to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. 7 In Him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace 8that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy your daughter is doing so well, but that is a misapplication of the scripture.

Jenn said...

Dear Michelle, I am not sure how you feel that I am mis-applying the scriptures.

I'm only sharing my personal feelings on my blog.

My daughter was losing life...she needed blood...and the blood brought life to her body.

The scripture is one that came to mind through all of this process (because the transfusion was a difficult decision for our family to make) this scripture encouraged us in the Lord...that there is life in the the blood of Jesus.

So, I wanted to share the word of God in that He gave His life...through His blood WE have life eternal...this is free for all mankind who received Him. So we may truly live.

Perhaps I didn't make that clear, but in the hospital I did not have a lot of time to think about theology.

For us, it was a personal analogy and reminder to our family as believers... the love that Christ gave by shedding His blood, so that we might live.

There is life in the blood (we need blood to live, and we needed Christ's blood to live eternal), or it wouldn't have been required for atonement of sins...in the old testament blood was required for forgiveness of sins, and then the ultimate sacrifice of Christ's blood in the new testament.

Hope you can understand now where I was coming from. If you still feel I am using this out of context, feel free to email me to explain further at jennifer.creates@gmail.com

Thanks for stopping by.

Jenn said...

Hey, if this is my friend Michelle from our small grp. just give me a call and we can discuss it further. :)

Jenn