Friday, January 9, 2009

My 365 challenge...not feelin' it today, but gave it a go...

365-49

Not feeling it tonight...got a lot weighing on my mind with my daughter's upcoming surgery.

If anyone has had scoliosis surgery, I'd love hearing from you. My daughter will be having surgery Jan 23rd. She will have to be cut from neck to tailbone...two titanium rods..etc. etc...

The whole thing is getting to me, but we want to do what is best for her. She is already walking very slanted, and having a lot of back pain. At 12 yrs old, that just isn't cool, ya know?

On another note...as I am sitting here at my dining table and fiddling with these reading glasses. The realization of me getting older is setting in. All of the sudden I cannot read small print without reading glasses. I've borrowed my husband's here, and hey they work!

I knew this day would come. Looks like I'll be off to Target to buy me a pair of $1 reading glasses. (thanks Cindy Lou for that money saving tip! ;)

2 comments:

Angela said...

I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better. We will be praying for you guys :)

Jenn said...

Thank you Angela. You just did. :) Just knowing that you care and you are praying...that is such great encouragement. Thanks friend.

I'll purk up soon. I think it is just the initial shock of the surgery being much more invasive than we originally were told it would be. I'll work through it with the Lord, and He is "the lifter of my head".

Hope you are feeling well, and having a beautiful Sat. We didn't make it to your town yesterday, but going today instead to meet our friends for lunch. We will still be pressed to get back though. So we probably won't get over to see you guys this time around either. :(