Friday, December 12, 2008

Nature Appreciation; Meet Max

Today we took a nature walk and ended up at the park, which is within our apartment complex.

We began taking the nature walk with our cameras. Since I love art of all kinds, it is only natural that our children would too! Josh and Jordan both were interested in learning about photography...more in depth...along with me as I am learning. ;)

So we took some fun pics of the sky, a few flower pics too.

While they swang, I got interested in taking photos of textures. You can check out my photostream for more, but here are a few shots of lens flare and textures.

Here are a few of my faves...
My lens flare:
LensFlare1

My bark texture:
Textures-TreeBark3

My babies who are not so much babies anymore...
FriJandJ

While at the park, we met a friend named Max. The reason we know his name??? Well, Jordan had check out the rabies tag on Max...it said a different street on a different side of town. So, we thought this kitty was lost from home. So we called the 1-800 number, and come to find out...the address on the tag is DUH the Dr.'s office address. But they told us his name, and that he lives in our apartment complex. We have a new friend. ;)

Josh saying hey to the office manager... and then spotting Max...
FriPark

Hello Kitty!
FriParkfriend

Very friendly cat!

Frivisitor

2 comments:

Angela said...

I LOVE these pics. The ones of the kids are fabulous! And the cat with the sepia tone, but blue eyes. Stunning!

Jenn said...

Thank you Angela! :)

I actually had to add some of the cats tail in there. It was covered by a large walking stick originally. :)

Hope all is well with your family. Blessing, jenn