Monday, December 8, 2008

GIMP Play and Fun..365 time out!

I've been learning some new techniques with layers, mask layers, and such that I'm still learning....haha. Here are some below photos that I did an eye brightening on.

I know not everyone loves the b/w or sepia with color eyes and such. But I totally think it is fun! I appreciate all kids of art...Realistic or Impressionistic. Personally, I really don't criticize anyone for how they edit, because beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :) Everyone sees the world differently and we all have opinions. I tend to be a little more open minded when it comes to art.

So, for those who are totally not diggin these photos, that is quite alright. :)

They turned out kinda cool thought I think! Interesting how Jordan's eyes were done the exact same as Josh's..with same opacity. But she has these rly cool hazel eyes that when I brought up the curves all these neato colors popped!

:)

After edit in GIMP


Josh's eyes are a deeper blue. Two very different looks.

After edit in GIMP

I've taken a couple of weeks off from my 365 challenge. I've read this is OK. But with traveling, and being out of town, I had to give it a rest for a week or so until I can get caught up around here! ;) Hope I don't fall out, because I really want to complete this.

2 comments:

Debra Kaye said...

Jenn,

It looks like you are having a good time learning with your new camera stuff. I like the pictures.

Happy Tuesday ... Blessings to you!

Jenn said...

:-) Hi Debra, I'm having a blast!

Hope you are doing well. Happy Wednesday! ;) Have a very blessed day!