Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Don't Speak Jesus to Me

Some of my thoughts and writings of the day. By the way...Don't copy these words to use without asking permission first. Not that this is worthy of someone snagging...however, be respectful and ask first.

Don't speak Jesus to me if you aren't willing to love-love me where I am at, with all of my fears and failures; if you aren't willing to forgive-forgive me for all of my short-comings and struggles with sin; if you aren't willing to extend mercy and grace-the same mercy and grace you scream for in your trying times. Don't speak Jesus to me if you aren't willing to cry and rejoice-cry with me when I cry in pain, rejoice with me when I rejoice. Don't speak Jesus to me if you live without compassion toward your brothers and sisters who haven't (according to you) "gotten there" yet. Don't speak Jesus to me if you aren't willing to have staying power to see me through - written by Jennifer Kent

No comments: