Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Don't Forget to Remember!

We say Happy Veteran's Day - a day to be thoughtful and thankful for those men and women who gave, given, give their all; Who have lived, and died all for our country's freedom.

Yesterday, my DD asked me, "mom, would you really die for Jesus's sake"? This caught me off guard and honestly stunned me. I never think about it. We are so spoiled and have no idea what suffering for Jesus is. All I could honestly say to her is, "Yes, we must be willing to die for Jesus".

We say that we love the Lord, and we would die for Him to defend our faith...but would really? When it comes down to it, do we really know what we would honestly do in such horrific situations?

These men and women of our military DO know what this means. They have made the decided choice to be willing to die for our country; some have experienced great pain, and others have experienced death of loved ones from the battle.

It truly amazes me to know brothers and sisters who would purposely put their lives on the line. That is so major!!!

This has caused our family to reflect on the depth of what this means...and right now we cannot comprehend it.

So "Thank You" seems very trite to say to those who choose to put their lives on the line for our country. Every day, I want to be thankful for them, not only a few days out of the year. We still have brothers and sisters who are defending our freedom even today...putting their lives on the line so we can live out freedom in our country.

Wow! This video made me cry...What a beautiful tribute!

No comments: