Friday, October 30, 2009

Healing Salt; Being Salt

Well, as I said before, the Dr. office wanted me to bring DD back in again. When the nurse called me back to confirm this, I told her that I was not going to bring her in to risk getting the flu. That I would keep an eye on her symptoms a bit longer. If they worsened further, then I would.

This nurse was wonderful!!! She gave me a natural remedy. We previously did the salt water gargles for DD's throat, but not thought of doing this nasally.

The nurse suggested to sterilize an old nose spray bottle, then make a mixture of 1/2 c. warm water to 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of table salt. Then put her in a steaming shower while she is using the nose spray. She said that will thin, loosen the mucus, and thin the membranes in her nose.

Friends, it worked!! :))

The day we called the Dr., DD was running a high fever, and so congested. The very next morning, she felt like a new person!!! I believe it was also answers to prayers, because a lot of folks have been praying for her. I also believe God used this natural remedy to aid in her healing as well.

This got me thinking about the neti pot. I've see this on some TV shows in the past months. Husband and I have discussed it because he has allergy and sinus issues quite often.

Recently, my friend Andrea has been sick with similar symptoms this past week. She began using the neti pot and it has helped her.

So, we may purchase one, and begin cleaning out our sinuses. Seriously (being the germ-a-phob that I am) can't help but wonder about all the garbage we are breathing in!! YUK!

Salt is such a healing agent. No wonder the Bible mentions salt so often.

We all have a lot of healing to be done in our lives; Must be why God reminded us in His word to be salt. It changes things for the better...

What the dictionary says about Salt:
an ingredient that gives savor, piquancy, or zest : flavor a people…full of life, vigor, and the salt of personality — Clifton Fadiman b : sharpness of wit : pungency c : common sense d : reserve, skepticism —usually used in the phrases with a grain of salt and with a pinch of salt e : a dependable steadfast person or group of people —usually used in the phrase salt of the earth.

What the Word of God says about being salt:
Matthew 5:13 (New International Version)

Salt and Light

13"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.

Colossians 4:5-7 (New International Version)

5Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. 6Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

James 3:10-12 (New International Version)

10Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. 11Can both fresh water and salt[a] water flow from the same spring? 12My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.

God is really working on me about being salt.

As I read James, this really jumped out at me. "deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom"
James 3:13
13Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.

Sometimes good deeds are not born out of God's wisdom, but out of our own. So often we think God is telling us to do this or that for others, or for our own selves. However, if we take an honest look at it after time with the Lord and His word...it is more of WE are telling God what we think.

When we get alone with God and the Bible, as we read it, He reveals what "His" truth is for us really is.

Basically, requires to put our vain and frivolous notions aside, in order to hear a word from the Lord on situations at hand. :) Not always easy for human nature to do. We think we know the solutions for our lives, or someone else's life, but we don't know the whole story...only God does.

Lord, as I put my thoughts and agendas aside, you come and be the full director of my life. Teach me what it truly means to serve and do your will. Not my will but Your will be done as I am fully surrendered to You alone and now one else.

Psalm 40:8 (New International Version)

8 I desire to do your will, O my God;
your law is within my heart."

Psalm 143:10 (New International Version)

10 Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God;
may your good Spirit
lead me on level ground.

Hebrews 10:7 (New International Version)
7Then I said, 'Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll—
I have come to do your will, O God.'

Revelation 4:11 (New International Version)
11"You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they were created
and have their being."

Matthew 6:9-17 (New International Version)
9"This, then, is how you should pray:
" 'Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
11Give us today our daily bread.
12Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.[a]'
14For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

1 comment:

Michele said...

Jenn,

Thanks so much for sharing this, I needed to hear this. I'm struggling with "having" to go to a birthday dinner for 2 Christian women in my Sunday School. This is something our little group has been doing for years. These 2 particular women have been living selfish lives and one even divorced her husband. They work together and recently took a vacation together. They don't give anything of themselves to the rest of us. Church is a low priority for them. I know the Christlike response is to go but I feel so fake going and giving them gifts and paying $10 for dinner. The scriptures you shared are just the attitude adjustment I need. Thank you!