Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Unloaded

Blogging is helping me get my feelings sorted out... I guess. It is a neutral way to get things out without hearing back a lot of judgement of how I should and shouldn't be acting right now.

Sunday was the children and my last day at Harvest. So bittersweet. Our Pastors took care of us our last days in that city. I can't think of a more beautiful place or more special people to spend our last days with. Their home is on the water... So peaceful and beautiful scenery. I love them very much and thankful we could stay with them as I finished up our move.... Movers packed Thurs loaded Fri, cleaners came that afternoon to clean our home...Sat carpet cleaners came. It was hard to see this home we know God gave us... All empty and vacant. I miss it. Miss the people already. Miss our church.

Sunday after church we drove 4.5 hrs to my mother-in-law's home. My husband was there to meet up with us. We saw family out at our family farm and had a hot dog roast for our little cousin's birthday. Then got up next morning 4:30am to drive 2.5 more hours to our new location in VA. Movers arrived around 9am to unload everything into our new place. Yesterday was not a good day for me. Tired and tearful. Don't really want to talk to too many people about how deeply this is effecting me. In so many different ways. God knows.

This is going to take some time. Yes I have plenty to be thankful for and I AM thankful! Yes it should be an adventure and make it fun. It is something that is going to take some time to adjust to. God will help me sort it all out. The Holy Spirit is my comforter and will bring the comfort I need. As I was doing a devotional today, I flipped back to some previous days and this verse jumped out at me and it brought me much comfort:

Mark 8:34 ~And Jesus called [to Him] the throng with His disciples and said to them, If anyone intends to come after Me, let him deny himself [forget, ignore, disown, and lose sight if himself and his own interests] and take up his cross, and [joining Me as a disciple and siding with My party] follow with Me [continually, cleaving steadfastly to Me].

Another verse that brought me comfort:

John 16:7 ~However, I am telling you nothing but the truth when I say it is profitable (good, expedient, advantageous) for you that I go away. Because if I do not go away, the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Standby) will not come to you [into close fellowship with you]; but if I go away, I will send Him to you [to be in close fellowship with you].

Sorry for typos or grammar errors. Typed all of this from iPhone. Our computers not hooked up yet. Also if you are reading this, I deactivated my Facebook for awhile. Just don't feel like chatting or being on there right now. Dealing with my sadness.

No comments: