Sunday, September 28, 2008

Update on my brother-in-law...

First off, I want to thank all of you who have expressed your concern, and who have taken the time to let me know you care and are praying for my brother-in-law and my sister. Our family appreciates every prayer.

Here is the latest. Doug is in ICU and stable. The machine that was doing the pumping for his heart has been cut back to where it is pumping for his heart 50% of the time and his heart is working on its own 50% of the time. His heart will need to be working on its own 100% before they will be able to do the open heart surgery.

We know for certain that one main artery is blocked (they were not able to do the stint), and they suspect at least four total arteries are blocked...possibly more. One of his heart valves is diseased, therefore they are having to pump him with blood...he must be losing blood, but my sister did not say. He did get to eat solid food...like scrambled eggs and orange sherbet yesterday (of which the nurse had to feed him). That sherbet tasted real good to him!

The Dr.'s hope to be able to do the surgery by Wednesday.

God is so moving! My Aunt, who is a very godly woman/strong christian called and prayed with him. He and my sister have a few addictions to overcome, but nothing is too great for God! Doug told my sister yesterday that they were going to have to change their lifestyle drastically...and PRAISE GOD for this confession!!! This is what we have been hoping for! =) Thank you dear Lord!

So, please keep praying. I believe God can, and IS willing to heal him completely. So that when the surgeon goes into his chest to check his heart, he will find a perfectly healed and healthy heart instead. This is my prayer...and that God be so glorified that no one will be able to explain it accept that it be the power of God through Jesus Christ!

My prayer is, whatever it takes Lord, may we all be turned from our sin and to your truth. Lord, rescue our family, lost loved ones, and pursue. I keep thinking of that song by Phillips, Craig, and Dean, "When God Ran". When we turn from our sin, and to Jesus, He runs to us. He is always right there with us, so patiently waiting for us to love and honor Him.

We can all make bad choices in this life, but when we resist and turn back to the Lord....He receives us like the prodigal son. Thank you Lord!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I am so glad to hear that he is gaining a little bit of strength. Continuing to keep him in my prayers.

Andrea said...

I'm glad to hear he's slowly getting better...and that they may be coming around where their lifestyle is concerned too!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! What neat photography I found here. Ü I think I'll stick around.

Jenn said...

Why thank you so much!

Awesome and I enjoy your blog very much too!