Friday, April 4, 2008

Tag ur it!!!

Tag ur it! Ten (or more) facts about me...
Current mood: grateful
Category: Life

Tag ur it!! Ten facts about me...


Once you have been tagged you have to write a blog with 10 weird, random things, facts, habits, or goals about yourself. At the end choose 10 people to be tagged, listing their names and why you chose them.

1. I'm kinda new to blogging...but if you want a good laugh...check out "mom on drums" on my blogspot:
http://flowersfadetruthremains.blogspot.com/ hehe - some of you already have!

2. (I'm down with ya on the chocolate, Jordan!!! ) MEEE TOOOO!! I love chocolate...the richer, the better! Chocolate ice cream, cake, pie, whatever. I don't, however, like it combined with nuts, coconut or caramel. To be honest, I don't like anything with my chocolate except maybe some strawberries or an ice cream cone.

3. I love music...At 40 I am learning the piano. I've always loved to sing songs and make up songs to the Lord. Now I am learning how to read the music. I pray God use me to bless others through worship in song. Also, I'm hoping to take song-writing classes online with Jennie Riddle soon.

4. I like the computer and believe there is a great need for ministry online. I'm enrolled to take a class on Web Design. It is my desire to bless other ministries by helping them get affordable web pages/templates designed for christian musicians, churches, whomever would like to share Christ and His message of love online.

5. I've got so many passions. Photography is one of them. I'd really enjoy learning more about photography so I can use this with web design. Also, to capture beauty for painting...later... when I am not so busy home-schooling. : ) Which brings me to my next passion...Art...drawing, painting...which takes time. Right now I am devoting my time to teaching our children and learning music and art skills with them. : ) (Jordan, wish you lived closer, I'd love to see what you do with your studio. That sounds GREAT!)

6. I am also quiet...until one gets to know me. Then I am a wild and silly gal! I love to giggle and just be plain silly!! I love to write!! Obviously..can't get me to shut up here!! hehe...
Until then, I'm quiet around people and mostly in crowds I do not speak a whole lot. When I was in high school this would make boys too afraid to ask me out, because they thought I was snobby, or that I did not like them. It was not the case. I was just shy at first, and did not know what to say lots of times. Therefore I would not say anything. lol. Also, friends and extended family sometimes think I am mad when I am quiet. They try to figure out what I am mad about, or if I am mad at something they did. When really, I am just being reflective...or just sitting like a bump on a log and not thinking about much of anything(downtime and rest to the brain)...LOL...Seriously, I like to just BE sometimes. Some people are not comfortable with silence...they have to always have a conversation in the air or they become uncomfortable. I'm getting a little more outgoing and brave about taking that first step to get to know others. Like today, at my Jordan's music lesson, while she was in music we were waiting outside. My son Josh recognized a family as being our neighbors. So, I mustered up my bravery with lots of prayer and took the first step to go and introduce myself. (seems weird to people...I can sing in front of people, but I have a difficult time speaking or being outgoing...God helps me through it!) Anyway, Turns out that this family lives just 2 streets over. A wonderful christian mother I met, with children close to my kids ages. And we have been praying for new friends. YAY! So, I am stepping out of my comfort zone, and God is blessing!

7. I am a procrastinator by nature. Yet, when I get kicked in, I get kicked in!! I'm used to always going and doing and having a lot of fun with church family and friends. But, a few years ago everything came to a halt. My body sorta shut down. I was one of those people who looked at those with chronic pain syndromes as being lazy...I'd say, "aw they just need to get out and exercise"...well, now I have been dealing with chronic pain. Most people who do not know me well, do not know know this about me, because I just keep on going, or rest when I need to which kinda shuts myself off to humanity. But they look at me on the outside and think I have it all together and a perfect life or something. When in reality, I have been for quite some time...most of my life, living in pain. I have to say No a lot more, where I used to always say YES YES YES>..FUN FUN! lol. It got bad a few yrs ago, to the point where I was bed-ridden off and on for weeks. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, R.A. and osteo-arthritis. For someone of 40, it seems unreal. But I live with the pain everyday. Many suffer in silence and those who speak out about syndromes such as this often are ridiculed or made to feel "lazy" or "crazy". Like I said, I was the person making the judgements before, now I am LIVING it. So, I say to others who are uneducated...live with compassion and understanding. The days are short and we never know what or how our flippant words or actions may crush the spirits of those who are in pain...unless we live it, we will never know or completely understand. So, be nice. : ) I don't consider it a curse, but a blessing to be able to understand and to also minister to those who have chronic pain.

8. As odd as this sounds...I'd love to skydive! (told you I am adventurous!; ) This has always been a dream of mine...to feel the wind and the open space of the sky. How cool would that be!!!!

9. Ok, despite what people think of me...I am not the perfect christian!!! I don't know it all and never would claim to! There are times I get my focus off of the will of God, and onto my own. Eventually...God lovingly redirects me to die to self...(I learn the hard way sometimes) I soooo love the scripture that talks about seeking God FIRST, then all of these things will be added. If we purpose to seek Him above all else, everything else will fall into place. I also love Galatians chapters 5 and 6. As well as Romans 8. I learned how to love only from the Lord and 1 Corinthians 13. It is not possible to truly know what love is, until we receive Christ, and He shows us through His word.

10. God is teaching me every day what it means to be a christian. Every day I learn what it means to live out His love. I've got flaws, and have learned to embrace and love ME, so that I can truly love others. God says to "love others as you love yourself". So, we should love ourselves (not in a conceited way)...but love who we are in Christ..and be OK with who we are here on earth, before we can truly demonstrate God's love. I have experience in counseling and 2 yrs toward a psychology degree/double major with Bible at Southeastern College, Lakeland, FL. While I was in Bible school, I believed that God wanted me to counsel youth (because I was a youth who needed counsel) Perhaps God has something further for me there someday, and with my husband now being a counselor in Hospice I could see us one day serving and counseling couples and families. Mainly, I am learning to live one day at a time and look for ways to serve Him in the minute by minute...with my husband, with our children, taking soup to a sick neighbor...things that may seem so small and insignificant to others who have grander ideas. Yet these smaller things we do daily can make such a huge difference in someone's live...and will share so much of the love of Jesus.


I've listed:
Drea
Kelly
Dani
Cindy
David D.

No comments: