Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Productive day for those under the weather...

David and I can't seem to get well!! Despite our puny states, he has managed to work, and I have managed to keep the home-school going!

Whether it is schooling while waiting for my CT Scan, or at the ER with David, or school in the car...we are stilling moving forward though teacher and hubby are healing!

I have to say that we have two of the best kids on the planet as far as being troupers through all of this! Praise God they have stayed well too!!!

Jordan especially has kicked in as nursemaid to us. And she LOVES it!!

So, if a few of you local friends need an assistant nanny for the day, she would love to do it...and for free! She wants to be an OB, GYN so she can deliver babies. (she is fully aware that there is MORE to just delivering babies : ) Therefore any experience with helping with children would be great for her. Until she is old enough to do it on her own and get paid, she is willing to offer her assistant/services for free (Drea and Kelly you might want to keep that in mind if you even want to take her with you to run errands, to the park, or have her help out at home entertaining the younger ones while you are there supervising and working on other jobs).

Ok....I'm so wired from the medications I am on, that I can't sleep!! For a few days I have been looking at curriculum for Jordan and Josh for next school year. In the process I found this most excellent math program from a home-school mom blogger! It is, "Teaching Textbooks Math". They begin at 5th grade level. So I went online to check it out. It was so fun and exciting to do the demonstrations... I've been doing the online examples all evening and into the early AM!!! haha!! (told you I was wired from the meds-lol)

Here is the link: http://www.teachingtextbooks.com/Default.asp I am seriously considering switching from Saxon over to the TT-Math. I would highly recommend Saxon for any home-schooler starting out at Kinder level. There are so many options out there, check them all out and you may have to try a few different ones to see what clicks with your child. For instance, Abeka Math...my children did not jive with. That could be because we didn't begin with the program from K on. I didn't begin home-schooling until they were 4/5 grade level. Therefore I had to try a few different ones to see what fit with them, and Saxon fit the bill!

It is such a learning and growing experience for us all! : )

Blessings, Jenn

No comments: