Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Crisp Air; Holiday Faves

There is such a crisp feeling in the air here!

Our family has been so ready for fall, and for the weather to cool off! This morning we woke up to mid 40 degree weather. So gorgeous outside; beautiful sunshiny day!

Personally, I love everything about fall. The pumpkins, the spices, the sights and scents! There is just something so invigorating about this time of year. We know when fall arrives, that Thanksgiving and Christmas are not that much further away! Our family LOVES Thanksgiving and Christmas! :D

Thanksgiving is my very favorite! Well, my birthday is very close to Thanksgiving, but that is not why I love it. The whole story of Thanksgiving is why I so love it! It is such a reminder of how blessed we truly are as a family, and how thankful I am for everything God has entrusted me with on this earth. My prayer is to live with such gratitude, and that this would always be my first thought! Not only on Thanksgiving, but all year, every year!

Thanksgiving is a beautiful time of sharing and being together as a family. Another favorite part of Thanksgiving is sharing a meal together as family. Turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, casseroles...and pumpkin pie are among the YUMMY parts of it! The smells of cinnamon, clove, nutmeg...ahhhh!! Mix those with the cool crisp feeling outside, and the beautiful fallen leaves. Amazing! It sets the tone and paves the way for Christmas.

Christmas is my second favorite holiday. It is also about giving and sharing, and most of all, about Jesus Christ giving His life so I can live eternally with God. John 3:16

What Christmas is all about


Also, I do love the lights and the smells of evergreen! I love to give. This year I told myself that I'd get started much earlier with buying Christmas gifts. I'm hoping to be finished up by the end of November. This is the goal. ;)

The other day, I met a gal who had EVERY bit of her shopping completed and wrapped! Wow!! She inspired me to get on with it!

So this week, I am making my list, and checking it twice. haha. ;)

Have any of you began Christmas shopping yet? What is your favorite holiday, and why?

No comments: