A friend shared this with me on her blog...found it to be quite interesting. Jennifer
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Is There A Killer in Your Microwave?
Current mood: worried
Category: and slightly irritated Life
Those of you that know me, know that I have posted a few news items.. Some have been tounge in cheek items, true but the ODD news bit. This one is not like that.
I put this out also as a bulletin, but felt the need to also blog it. Please read! Your comments, pro and con are very welcome!! I am not looking for the kudos, but more to start a discussion on health related things we have all read.
Cancer News From Johns Hopkins
My wife went through breast cancer in April two years ago.
This is the same thing her oncologist told her. It is a good summary, so I will pass it on.
Cancer update -- Johns Hopkins -- Cancer News from Johns Hopkins:
1. No plastic containers in microwave.
2. No water bottles in freezer.
3. No plastic wrap in microwave.
Johns Hopkins has recently sent this out in its newsletters.
This information is being circulated at Walter Reed Army
Medical Center as well.
Dioxin chemicals causes cancer, especially breast cancer.
Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies.
Don't freeze your plastic bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic.
Recently, Dr. Edward Fujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at Castle Hospital, was on a TV program to explain this health hazard. He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us.
He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers. This especially applies to foods that contain fat. He said that the combination of fat, high heat, and plastics releases dioxin into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body.
Instead, he recommends using glass, such as Corning Ware, Pyrex or ceramic containers for heating food. You get the same results, only without the dioxin.
So such things as frozen dinners, instant ramen noodles and soups, etc., should be removed from the container and heated in something else.
Paper isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper.
It's just safer to use tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc.
He reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper. The dioxin problem is one of the reasons.
Also, he pointed out that plastic wrap, such as Saran, is just as dangerous when placed over! foods to be cooked in the microwave.
As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out of the plastic wrap and drip into the food.
Cover food with a paper towel instead.
This is an article that should be sent to anyone important in your life!
Microwaves are a feature in nearly every American home. Yet their dangers are well documented.
You can do your own home experiment to understand the hazards of microwaving. Plant seeds in two pots. Water one pot with microwaved water and the other pot with regular tap water. The seeds that received microwaved water won't sprout. If microwaved water can stop plants from growing, then imagine what microwaved food is doing to your body.
A Swiss study led by biologist and food scientist Dr. Hans Hertel identified the effects of microwaved food. For eight weeks, eight people lived in a controlled environment and intermittently ate raw foods, conventionally cooked foods and microwaved foods. Blood samples were tested after each meal. The microwaved food caused significant changes in blood chemistry.
Another study at Stanford University investigated the effects of microwaving breast milk. One of the head scientists said "Microwaving human milk, even at a low setting, can destroy some of its important disease-fighting capabilities." They claimed that besides heating, there were many other disturbing alterations in the milk
In early 1991, a lawsuit was filed against an Oklahoma hospital after a patient died from receiving blood that was heated in a microwave oven.
In Russia, microwave ovens were banned in 1976 because of their negative effect on health and wellbeing.
* Eating food processed from a microwave oven causes permanent brain damage by "shorting out" electrical impulses in the brain.
* Male and female hormone production is shut down and/or altered by continually eating microwaved foods.
* Minerals, vitamins, and nutrients of all microwaved food is reduced or altered so that the human body gets little or no benefit.
* The minerals in vegetables are altered into cancerous free-radicals when cooked in microwave ovens.
* Microwaved foods cause stomach and intestinal cancerous tumors.
* The prolonged eating of microwaved foods causes cancerous cells to increase in human blood.
* Continual ingestion of microwaved food lowers the immune system.
* Eating microwaved food causes loss of memory, concentration, emotional instability, and a decrease of intelligence.
* Microwaving alters elemental food-substances, causing digestive disorders.
* Microwaved foods lose 60 to 90 percent of the vital-energy field and microwaving accelerates the structural disintegration of foods.
* Microwaved foods lower the body's ability to utilize B-complex vitamins, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, essential minerals and lipotropics.
The bottom line is that microwaves cause cancer and other diseases. They destroy the goodness in our food and weaken our bodies.
Ultimately, we should all be thinking about permanently getting rid of them.