Saturday, June 14, 2008

Health Conscious! YOU on a Diet

God is convicting my heart of how much junk I put into my body. I've been reading a book that has been such an eye opener. It is titled, "YOU, on a Diet". Don't be mistaken by the title...it is an amazing book about creating life changes with eating, and understanding why it is so imperative to eat healthy. He explains what the insides of our bodies are doing (in layman terms) with great illustrations that really get you thinking about it. He has 20 min exercises where he suggests that our bodies are our complete gyms! So we can do everything we need to strengthen our bodies WITHOUT having to go to a gym to do it. Of course, he is not against doing this, but it helps for those who are getting started, like me, who do not want to put on gym cloths in front of others just yet! I highly recommend this book. I found it at Wal-Mart, but I am sure any bookstore would have it. Or you can order it through Amazon.

By the way, the blog I posted about microwaves, snoopes says it is an urband legend. Yet, we have seen things on the news recently about how the harmful chemicals in certain #7 plastics can seep into our foods. It also makes me wonder, if a microwave affects a pacemaker, what is it doing to our environment. I haven't ditched ours yet, but I can say that we are trying to use it less. : ) Follow your own convictions about it.

Have a blessed day!

No comments: