Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Dedicated to the One I Love...

David recently had a phone interview with a hospital located in Montana.  He is waiting to hear back from them, and if they will fly him out for a second face to face interview.  There are also 2 other job possibilities, with one being here locally.  Our prayer is for whatever God wants.  "Not our will, but Your will be done Lord".

Still, can't get this song out of my mind since David played it for me.  He said that this song came to his remembrance, and he always loved it. So I am dedicating it to him. :) 




The chorus is: Won't you meet me in Montana, I want to see the mountains in your eyes, I've had all of this life I can handle, meet me underneath that big Montana Sky.  

I love it, and can't seem to get this out of my mind either...and I'm not even a big country music fan; however I always loved the Donny and Marie show.  (revealing my age here a little by saying that...lol!)

God is dealing with me on many aspects of my life.  I've always had big God dreams and aspirations, but never the courage to even step out much.  When I do, I feel defeated immediately with negative thoughts about myself.  In it all, I realize that everything I do is first for God, and then quite possibly to encourage someone else along the way in their dreams.  So, if I never reach that point where my dreams come true, I am learning to be so fulfilled in knowing that God used my life to encourage another life.  Anyway, that is what I hope and pray to do.  

Unfortunately, I fail in the process.  So God lovingly redirects me with His word! :) 

Galatians 6:2-5 (The Message)

Galatians 6

Nothing but the Cross
 1-3 Live creatively, friends. If someone falls into sin, forgivingly restore him, saving your critical comments for yourself. You might be needing forgiveness before the day's out. Stoop down and reach out to those who are oppressed. Share their burdens, and so complete Christ's law. If you think you are too good for that, you are badly deceived.

 4-5Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that. Don't be impressed with yourself. Don't compare yourself with others. Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your own life.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Be willing to be like Peter and step out of the boat into the raging storm...knowing that your loving Father is also the MASTER of the raging storm! REMEMBER to listen to the Voice of Truth and not all the other voices in your head! DON'T YOU DARE GIVE UP OR STOP FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT!
I am praying for you my friend!